Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Favorite Stuffing

Stuffing is a matter of taste. People tend to be very particular about their stuffings or dressings. They like them a certain way. My favorite is the basic bread stuffing recipe (made from scratch or the package from the store) with breakfast sausage and apples.

My Favorite Stuffing

Use any basic stuffing recipe but before you sauté the vegetables, cook one pound of breakfast sausage (crumbled up). To that add the vegtables called for in the recipe plus a cup and a half of diced apples. Due to the amount of fat the sausage renders I suggest cutting the amount of butter suggested in the recipe by one-fourth or even half.

Prepare the rest according to directions.

It is amazing!! I cannot provide a photo as I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year (for the first time in my adult life.) I am a little sad as there is not any sausage and apple stuffing in my future. Living in Turkey my access to pork products is limited.

However, if you are cooking this stuffing and have guests that do not eat pork, turkey breakfast sausage makes a nice approximation of the dish.

Make this and send me a picture so that I may live vicariously through you! Best wishes for a happy and safe holiday. Or as we say here, Iyi Bayramlar!

No comments:

Post a Comment